Diversity & Inclusion
Our focus on inclusion and diversity nurtures the best ideas and attracts the best talent around the globe to help us achieve our purpose to Grow Our World from the Ground Up.?
At Nutrien, we are committed to cultivating a respectful and inclusive workplace where we all belong. Bring your full self to work and know that the differences that make each of us unique are respected and valued.
Diverse perspectives propel innovation and creativity. Inclusion and diversity are essential to how we help deliver on our strategy and feed the future.
Join our team of more than 22,000 employees from a variety of experiences, cultures, beliefs and backgrounds. Grow your career with Nutrien
To drive diversity and inclusion activities, Nutrien proudly supports a variety of Employee Resource Groups - voluntary, employee-led D&I efforts designed to serve under-represented employee populations and create a more inclusive workplace.?
Military | LGBTQ+ | Women | Women in Non-Traditional Environments & Roles | Young Professionals
“These groups take a grassroots approach to driving positive change within the company and making Nutrien a great place to work.” – Chuck Magro, President & CEO
Inclusion is an important part of how Nutrien will deliver on our strategy to become the leading integrated ag solutions provider. The diversity of our people gives us a competitive advantage, and our ability to innovate and perform successfully will continue to grow as we work towards a match-to-market representation of employees from underrepresented groups across our global organization.
Diversity and inclusive growth within our workforce, our supply chain, local communities and society at large is an important part of our sustainability strategy.Learn More
In 2019 we focused on achieving these three goals:
We focused on increasing the representation of diverse employees across Nutrien in 2019 with a focus on women, Aboriginal people (in Canada) and former military personnel in North America. Our efforts to attract, develop and retain included the following initiatives:
We targeted recruitment for Military, Aboriginal people and Women through:
- The development and launch of custom recruitment web pages?
- Participation in targeted hiring events such as RecruitMilitary, NC4ME, Prospect Now, Future is Yours, Quint YXE, and Stepping Stones
- Partnerships with external job boards (ex. GI Jobs) to increase Nutrien’s brand awareness Our refreshed Aboriginal applicant database contacted over 1,000 individuals to regularly share information?
- Seven career fair events attended by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) & ambassador employees?
- Presentations and speaking on panels promoting diversity and inclusion best practices with groups such as the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Suppliers Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Business for Social Responsibility Association (CBSR) and Women in Mining and Women in Nuclear (WIN/WIM)
- Community presentations to share career information with prospective diverse candidates – YWCA, Saskatchewan Indian Institute of Technologies (SIIT) and Quint
We provided several Diversity Internship Programs to women and Aboriginal students in engineering, business, information technology and technical roles in our Saskatchewan operations.?
We completed our inaugural year of Nutrien Academy - a year-long development program for women to expand their business, strategic and financial acumen about our company and the agricultural industry. ?
We provide ongoing training and guidance throughout the organization to leaders and employees on topics pertaining to diversity in several ways that foster inclusion and in 2019:?
We delivered Unconscious Bias Training to approximately 600 employees to help them understand and mitigate biases to support equality.
We incorporated inclusion nudges into our performance management, succession and hiring practices to remind leaders of opportunities to infuse Inclusion into their work
We delivered training to more than 200 employees to increase awareness about under-represented populations such as Aboriginal and LGBTQ+?
We completed the first phase of our work around the Global Diversity Inclusion Benchmark (GDIB) tool baselining activity and gaining insight into our current processes with the goal of developing a roadmap to increase our inclusion. ?
We implemented several policies and programs to help our diverse workforce meet the challenge of balancing work and life. This included expanding our maternity/parental leave policy and introducing a family leave program. Additionally, we increased our support of employees and family members who serve in the Armed Forces.
We increased the number of Employee Resource Groups, added an Inclusion Network in White Springs, Florida, and introduced an Inclusion Council at that focuses on our North American Retail business unit. Employees can participate in five employee resource groups (spanning 16 chapters) or one of the business specific councils/networks.
Our leadership takes Nutrien’s progress in the area of diversity seriously. In 2019, we:
- Produced quarterly diversity scorecard for the Executive Leadership Team
- Finalized and communicated diversity dashboards for North America and Australia Retail leadership teams
- Considered diversity representation in candidacy for all senior leadership roles